Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKIP Day

As many of you know today is World Wide Knit In Public Day...really this is nothing new for me, I knit in public ALL the time, as well as many of you do! What better excuse to get together and spend a few hours? The day was really perfect, honestly I was beginning to worry since the temps have been so hot & muggy lately!

This was our setting: (the haze you see is, believe it or not, smoke from a fire burning near the OuterBanks of North Carolina about 200 miles away!)



This is our group early on:
(L-R) Catie, Dani, Stephanie & Pam...me? I'm takin' the picture!



This was our public early on:



But that soon changed...

Then Nikki showed up, lots of people followed...and a newspaper reporter! Do you think we'll make front page news? I'll keep you posted, I don't think it will publish until Thursday.



And...

Catie shared the hobby with this Cutie Pie!



We shared lots of laughs, and simply had a GREAT time together! I hope your WWKIP day was a good one!!

BTW~Thanks for all the kind thoughts over my "Mishap" yesterday!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Robin! I am so jealous. My day blew up and I couldn't go have fun knitting out in public today. I absolutely love your photos and thank you SO much for sharing them

Nana Sadie said...

I'm so glad you're okay - from your accident yesterday (poor baby truck!)...and I'm glad you girls had such a great time today! Wish I could have joined you - but umm...wasn't it WW KNIT IP day? Not WW SPIN IP day?
lolol!
(((hugs)))

Diana said...

Yep, I knew I'd regret not going. Glad it was a success and like you mentioned it doesn't have to be WWKIP to do it again!!

Dani said...

Thanks for the great pics Robin! I realized once again that I didn't take enough.

Thanks for a fabulous day ladies! It is great to be able to hang out with y'all (see, I'm learning!)

Jadielady said...

Me and another knitter had our own last minute KIP day at our LYS, we had a blast and beautiful weather, until the clouds rolled in.

Anonymous said...

The perfect day after the previous not so perfect day!

Becky G said...

What a beautiful location for a knitting party! I'm glad you had a great day.

SissySees said...

What a peaceful, beautiful setting! Love the photo of the wee spinner in training...

Natalie Rush said...

Oh looks like so much fun!! I wish I had taken pictures at our WWKIP..I was having too much fun!. :)

Dana said...

What a great day and a great group! Thanks for sharing the photos; they're wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun!