Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Top Secret Anniversary Trip...

...was a complete success! He didn't know where we were going, nor did he figure it out until we pulled up to our "abode" for the trip~~

Pretty cool huh? There are 6 of these at this B&B that are old converted tobacco barns...complete with Jacuzzi tubs, private balcony's and ambiance out the wazoo!! We HIGHLY recommend this B&B for a romantic getaway!

Besides begging for a jacuzzi tub I also want THIS bed!!! Amazing huh?


This was our view from the breakfast room each morning! Pilot Mountain

So you ask..."Where where we?"
I'll give you some hints...








Well...do you know? Yep, Mayberry aka Mount Airy, NC.

The Andy Griffith Show is a staple here in our house...the local TV station shows reruns every day at 5:30...and we are BIG fans!

Of course...

The Sheriff~


Locked up....

Otis!!

Here's how I ended every day...

Knittin' on the front porch! (boy, I look "plum tuckerd out")

Hang in there, I have more to show you...plus I haven't finished with the final chapter of the Kentucky trip yet!

Tomorrow night our group is having our Stitch-n-Pitch at our local Minor League Baseball game! We're not lucky enough to have a MLB team close by...

Oh...and we made the news with our WWKIPday! Check out THIS link!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!!

11 comments:

Jadielady said...

Oooh Mt Airy is so pretty, what B&B is that! I wanna go!

Carole Knits said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to show Dale!

Wendy said...

What an adorable little get away! I'll have to put it on my list of places to visit. Glad that the two of you were able to get in a nice relaxing weekend.

Bubblesknits said...

Oh! My hubby would love that! He's a huge fan, too. :-)

SissySees said...

Okay, Jessi and I are going to have to take our hubbies there! (Off to email Jessi to make a plan... seriously...)

The Knight would be in heaven.

IndigoMuse said...

Mt. Airy looks so quaint. I'm adding this to my local getaway list.

And way to go on the WWKIP press. Wish I coulda been there. I was knitting with ya'll on the beach in spirit :)

Anonymous said...

I received this in my google Alert about Mount Airy! I hope you will come visit our town! If you would like a FREE Visitors Guide please go to our website at www.visitmayberry.com I am glad you had a wonderful time in our town!!!!

Thank you

The Mount Airy Visitors Center
1-800-948-0949

Becky said...

Shazam!! I LOVE me some Mayberry! I could just never figure why Aunt Bee could cook so fabulously but could never fix a decent pickle. The place looks great and I would like to be there right now curled up on that beautiful bed, but instead I get to stay here and see loads of good folk this weekend. It's a good trade!;) Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, you did good! Romantic without end, and a totally cool location to boot!

You'd better start planning for your next surprise...it will take some doing to top this one!

Dana said...

WONDERFUL! I had no idea Mt. Airy existed, much less that it was the original Mayberry. How neat! It looks like you had a marvelous time and I'm delighted for you.

Congrats on your WWKIP write up - -that's really great!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place. So green!!! Hey you might be 'plum tuckered out' but you still look fabulous - an absolute picture of health. :o)