Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fiber Events...& a FO!!

Well, I'm gearing up for Hawks Nest...and looking forward to the short work week ahead! WooHoo!! I received a fiber related email on Friday that left me simply giddy! Nope...no hints, I'll have pics to post later...

You know all about my "join ability" these days, and I'm sure if you've been reading long enough you know that when I found out about Kimberly's NASCARKnitters KAL...I HAD to join! The problem I'm having is I'm knitting from my stash and most of it no longer has labels, I don't have a proper scale to weigh them on so I'm really guessing, using yardage or going by what the pattern calls for!











Remember this? (my birthday present from NC last year)









She has a *cozy* now!!! This weeks last FO!

Next weeks fiber related FO's will be mostly spinning related since I'll be at a *Spinners Retreat* for 4 days!!!
The Civil War Shawl KAL begins on Thursday...so hopefully I'll have something to knit on while traveling! Kimberly...check out the difficulty factor on this baby!

So this weeks fiber totals and FO's are as follows:
Item: Baby Booties - IK pattern (of course I altered the pattern)
Yarn used and amount: Plymouth Dreambaby approx. 72 yds

Item: Cabled Headband - Chick Knits Pattern
Yarn used and amount: Handspun North Ronaldsay approx. 85 yds

Item: Felted Bunny - Fiber Trends Pattern
Yarn used and amount: 100% wool (from the stash...no label) 250 yds used.

Item: Tea Cozy - Fiber Trends Pattern
Yarn used and amount: Sensations Bellezza Collection (from JoAnn Fabrics) Wool/Cotton blend approx. 75 gms or 150 yds. (this happens to be a pretty amazing yarn considering where it came from)

Well...my walking was back on track till today! We awoke this morning to sleet on the ground but thankfully now it's raining. We had planned for some biking and hiking while in WV but the weather forecast isn't looking to promising...so we are not going to take the bikes and hope that we can get our bi-annual hike in! There are some beautiful waterfalls on two of the trails!! And for anyone who is interested in Geology...the rock formations along the cliffs of the New River are amazing!

Keep Knittin', Spinnin', Walkin' and yep...I'm a Pickin'!!!

2 comments:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Wow, you are definitely kicking up those points. Before we know it, you'll be the speck in the distance ahead! ;)
=:8

Nana Sadie said...

I can't imagine that you managed a hike today! What cold, nasty, wet, yucky weather!
Glad it's going to be sunny and 52 tomorrow!!
:)
Love the tea cozy...
(((hugs)))