Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Secret Pal 8 Questionaire
This is the first time I've ever participated in the Secret Pal...
I'm so excited! I'm ready to spoil and be spoiled!
I received an email about answering the Questionaire so here are my answers to SP8:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not*
I love natural fibers; wool, silk and linen are the best! I might be
considered a yarn snob…but I can’t stand red heart acrylic or anything similar to it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I display all my straights in an old antique pottery pitcher, I just hang my circulars to keep them fairly straight.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for 35 years and I consider myself advanced (there’s nothing I won’t try).
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
fresh, organic clean scents. I don’t care for perfumy or intense flowery fragrances.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
You name it I do it or I’ve tried it! My favorites are sewing, quilting and yes, I do spin!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
(if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music…except for Hip-Hop or Rap! I love Celtic music
and bluegrass. No, I do not have an MP3 player
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette
you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I’m very versatile…I like all colors, I guess my favorite is blue's and greens.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with 3 kids (1 is still at home, she’s 18 and graduates
High School this year), I have one very spoiled cat who I hand raised from
3 days old he’s now 13 years old. He thinks he’s a dog…
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I just love to knit! I always have several projects going at once...
something mindless I can knit when in company or the car and something very
involved that requires my attention.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A sweater for my son…the Durrow from Magknits
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love addi turbos and am in the process of replacing all my old yucky
aluminum needles. I like both bamboo and metal
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I own both.
17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was very young on pencils.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 months (I finished the oldest one during the Knitting Olympics)
19. What is your favorite holiday?
My anniversary…the day I finally said "I do" to the man I Love.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Yes! Lighthouses, tea cups, wine glasses, antique buttons
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’ve recently seen this new book called “Knitting Nature” by Norah
Gaughan, as long as the yarn is beautiful…I love it, patterns…hard to
say there are so many! I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Spin It.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’d love to do a Fair Isle, Intarsia and Entralac (I know I can do it
I just haven't tried it yet)
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes…I wear a 7 ½ shoe, my foot measures 8 ¾ at the ball of my foot
and 9 ½ in length
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)