Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FO Alert!!


Okay...it's done! What do you think?

I'm still trying to find a pair of sunglasses for it, you know it'll need it when it gets to Florida!

Did you know that in Florida it's not a veranda, patio, sundeck/deck, porch or balcony...it's called a 'lanai'? Here in SW Virginia it's a deck! Anyway, I'm sure it'll be living on the lanai when it gets home...MIL has it decorated really nice. I know it may seem funny to make such a gift for my MIL but she's so hard to find or make a gift for. I can't make a sweater, shawl, scarf, mittens, socks or felted purse-already made her one of these...because of the FL weather. So knowing she likes unusual-crafty things when I saw the pattern I figured it would be fun to make. I wasn't wrong, these Fiber Trend patterns are so much fun to make, now I just need to bring my "sheepy" out of the bottom of the basket and finish it!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!!

18 comments:

mari said...

He is so cute!!!!
He turned out really great.

And btw, kitty most definitely has been reading the "Bad Cat" book. :)

Bobbi said...

Omigosh! That's hysterical. Special K got some sunglasses in a happy meal that you could have. ;-)

emmy said...

That is a GREAT!! FO. I love it!!and I bet your MIL will too!

Opal said...

He's darling! In Hawaii, the deck is called a lanai too. :)

gourdongirl said...

COOL, Flamingo

JH said...

Too cool!!!

Channon said...

I love it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! You rock, girl!
WWCS Pal

Becky said...

Oh he is too cute. Love the flamingo.

Susan said...

Your MIL's gonna LOVE it!

Diana said...

Oh MIL will love that. Perfect Florida gift. I need to knit some toys .... for me!!

Margaret said...

Of course, who doesn't need a felted flamingo? Absolutely hilarious!

Marianne said...

That is one cool dude!

JustApril said...

You'll HAVE to share the shaded flamingo if you can find sunglasses. SO funny!

Birdsong said...

What a great gift! I bet she will be delighted and you did an awesome job.

Dana said...

GORGEGOUS! Your flamingo is amazing and you did an incredible job on it.

Sunglasses - - the "build a bear" sections of both A.C. Moore and Michaels have all kinds of great little things (that's where I got Miss Chicken's spectacles).

Again, he's lovely Robin!

Cass said...

I LOVE IT!! how cute.

Mary said...

Hi Robin -- love the Flamingo! I couldn't figure out what it was, even with your last WIP picture. Now I get it! Great job!

Oh, and they call it a "lanai" in Hawaii, too.