Thursday, November 09, 2006

FO's & WIP's--as promised...

It's always a challenge to decide which to post first....FO's or WIP's?!?


So...I'll save the best for last!

If you've been reading you know I'm busy working on Christmas...I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! The fact I started in June has relieved the pressure...immensely!!




For my Mom I'm making the Bristow from Knitty.

I've cast on the sleeves, notice the plural--I've always knit both sleeves at the same time...like doing the back of a sweater that's just plain stockinette, I hate doing the sleeves! BUT--on this sweater there's a cable pattern which makes it go faster. In addition, doing both sleeves at the same time you are assured they will be the same! Unless you are knitting for someone who has one arm longer than the other...which I used to have a customer I sewed for who had such an issue.





Anyway...I've blocked the fronts & back (I'm only showing the fronts because they are so pretty with the cables). I have made a couple of changes to the pattern...one intentional, the other my "Amish Mistake"! Mom and I are both shaped just alike...no "hourglass" to our midsection! So I took out the side shaping. The other I'm not going to tell you...because if you can't pick it out, no one needs to know about it, except for me!



I love this yarn and the color...KnitPicks Wool of the Andes--color-Arctic Pool Heather.


AND...
















More...socks!!














Drum roll please.....








Chase's sweater...the Durrow





The other thing I hate doing is...sewing the pieces together, now you'd think that a seamstress would be okay with this...

Hubby was my mannequin to make sure it's in the "ballpark" on the size. He even liked it!




Check out the detail on the sleeves...cool huh?


This also is KnitPicks---Merino! And it's so soft!! I like using KnitPicks for the value when making gifts...their yarn is a quality yarn, the only problem I have is I can't "touch & feel" before I buy! So far I've been lucky on my yarn choices including color! This looks more red but it's actually a darker red, in fact it's called "cranberry".

I buy up the other yarns....for ME!! So after all my Christmas knitting is complete I can start all those projects!!

The one other item on the needles is the Flower Basket Shawl for my step-daughter...pics to come later!


Okay...so I guess I've spent enough time on this machine...time to get knitting!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

9 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Darrow is gorgeous! And I love Knitpicks' yarns too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you really have got a head start on Christmas! Well done!Love that colour red, its so warm and cheery

Krista said...

The cables on the sleeves are beautiful!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Love the Darrow.
Cate

Anonymous said...

Darrow looks FAB!!! Yours is much better looking than the photo on the pattern. Hmmmm, his and hers Darrows might be in Krafty1's future. Good job, Pal!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that would be Durrow not Darrow. Sorry.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Socks and Durrow with KP. What could be better than FOs??
=:8

Sangeeta said...

it's just gorgeous! You're knitting at the speed of lightening. I will have to try the knit picks merino.

lemmie said...

i love this sweater! just beautiful!