Carole strikes again...another great meme! (another great method to keep me blogging)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper but depending on the size & shape of the gift I will use a gift bag.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer real but a few years ago bought an artifical tree (yuk). I do add artifical smell to the house to help me get over the fact I've gone fake!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the second week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Jan 2nd.
5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay, but I prefer Boiled Custard.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My first bike.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely my father!!!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubby.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, kitty cats!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? (this answer mirrors Carole's) My ex-husband gave me some pretty bone-headed things over the years but I can’t think of anything specific. The only thing I can remember is after opening it thinking "what tha hell?"
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...oh, but there are so many to choose from...
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I make a lot of gifts, and shop online...after working 3 years in retail I DO NOT like going to the mall or shopping in general!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bourbon balls!
16. Lights on the tree? Why YES!
17. Favorite Christmas song? My favorite religious one is “Silent Night, Holy Night” and my favorite pop one is “Wintersong” but I have so many others...which gives me an idea...come back on Monday.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We do travel but usually a week before or after Christmas, to see the step-daughters.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of course!
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We've always opened presents with the extended family at dinner on Christmas Eve, but here at home we wait till Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How "commercial" the holiday has gotten, I like homemade gifts, spending quality time with friends & family with out all the $$$$$$$
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is always decorated with blue & white lights, every ornament is special because I've collected one and dated it for each year along with all the ones the kids made in school.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really hadn't thought about it...
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel...a very special one, I made it for my Granny some years back and when she passed it was given to me.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Oysters! But since my MIL moved to Florida I am missing her Sauerbraten Christmas dinner.
Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'