Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yeah.....I DID!!



The "yarn diet" failed on this trip...yep, I fell off the wagon! On the way home I just HAD to visit The Yarn Club and I'm so glad that I did.

First I guess I should back up a moment.  I realize that I never made the announcement here (I did on FB). Later this year an event is going to happen that I really never expected, I pretty much prepared myself for the fact that my kids were not going to give me Grandbabies (well, I do have the "step" grandkids).  My oldest son and his wife are expecting a bundle of joy!!  I've been so excited to get started on the "baby knitting" but needed a neutral knit till we find out the gender of the "peanut" (DS #1's nickname for "him"--yes, he's wishing for a boy). I know there's the old standby of yellow & green but I want something REALLY special.

Photo courtesy of Appalachian Baby Website
OKAY...back to The Yarn Club...upon entering the store I was totally blown over by the selections and COLOR was everywhere! As I perused the store, I heard Andrea, the shop owner, mention this baby sweater she was finishing up and my ears perked up immediately.  YEP....just slap SOLD across my forehead!  This is the cutest little knit ever...from Appalachian Baby Knits (a West Virginia Company) -- Lamb's Ear Cardigan.  It's neutral, which means I can start knitting NOW as opposed to waiting.  The organic cotton is as soft as butter and the kit contains all you will need to complete the sweater. Needless to say I cracked into that sucker the minute we hit the highway and cast on! CUTE-CUTE-CUTE!!

This is a store that I highly recommend you visit when you are in the area.  Great selection, lots of attention paid to filling the store with local yarns, lots of unique items and GREAT customer service!


One other stop we made was for lunch (just so happens we stopped on the way to the beach AND on the way back home--and it happens to be VERY close to the yarn shop)
I'm not sure that everyone knows this but Hubby and I are HUGE Guy Fieri fans and love the show Diners, Drive-in's & Dives.  We have visited several of his featured restaurants and when traveling we do try to find one along the way to visit.  I'm also a HUGE BBQ fan so it goes without saying that of the 4 restaurants in the area we chose the BBQ joint....NO disappointment here AT ALL.  That's why we went back on the way home (so much for the fried chicken joint Hubby wanted to visit...and the Italian Bakery I wanted to visit) 


In this YouTube video the 2 features are what I had and the turkey sandwich IS AWESOME!!!  Worth driving back for another....my mouth is watering!! The owner, Warren Rogers, is such a nice man. We chatted with him for a little while.

Then you look up on the wall close to the ceiling and you see this....


Taken with my cell phone so not real good but it says "Guy Ate Here"--now I wonder if that was on the other restaurants we went to...guess we have to go back and see.  Maybe it's like "Where's Waldo"?!

Keep On Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

2 comments:

SissySees said...

You'll appreciate then that I often run on the elliptical with DDD on?? ;)

LOVE that little lamb cardi! Yet another reason to say congrats, eh?

Becky G said...

Congratulations on the grandbaby! That's a reason to go off a yarn diet if ever there was one.