Monday, March 12, 2012

So.......

How did you spend your weekend?  With my last long run in the books I'm preparing for Sunday's race and crossing that finish line! With a few more challenges ahead of me I may be competing in my first triathlon in June...I'm still trying to talk myself into this.

Another season of an hour of sleep lost...but I LOVE the extra hour of daylight!!

I took advantage of the warm temperatures to do a little dyeing...



Inspired by a favorite beach towel (and longing to be back in the sun & sand) I went headlong into this without knowing what was going to happen.  Needless to say I'm VERY pleased!!  I'm still playing with a colorway name for it. The first thought was "Seaglass" then "Ocean" ~ Oh, and of course "Beach Towel"......anybody have any other ideas?


I had a silk scarf blank that I couldn't resist knotting that sucker up and painting it to see what would happen...VERY PLEASED!!


....and Rudy graciously modeled it for me!


(I hope none of my friends see this on me...really I'm not a sissy dog--my Momma just makes me wear this stuff)

Now to decide what I'm going to knit with it...always my dilemma. But I WILL be sporting a new silk scarf this spring!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

3 comments:

SissySees said...

Oh Rudy, you're still a manly-dog! Yellow, blue and green are manly colors too...

Love the yarn. I kinda' like beach towel for the colorway!

Will be thinking of you this weekend. Run well - and safely!

Carol Urban said...

What gorgeous colors!!!! Love it!

Becky G said...

I love those colors! They remind me of parakeets-- or of beach towels.