Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fantastic Fall Weekend


I wanted to post this before I left on Friday but with all the preparations for our camping trip there was no time!! What a wonderful weekend! The weather was beautiful…the leaves were at peak color…the camping was perfect! I was able to get a lot of knitting (and reading) done, I wish I could be two people at once so I could do both at the same time. I found out just how out of shape I really am! We attempted a hike to Molly’s Knob in Hungry Mother State Park…well, we didn’t make it all the way. The direct hike was 1.8 miles and rated a HARD hike, so we decided to take a round about route giving ourselves time to work up to the HARD part. After hiking (me almost losing a lung in the process) the Moderate trail to the junction of the Molly’s Knob trail we found out there was a mile left! Oh well, we were able to get some great pictures along the way so it wasn’t all a loss.
So far I have finished a Maggi Knits sweater for my little 3 year old niece (pictures to come later after it’s sewn together), a mobius wrap, and 2 felted purses. I have a couple more felted purses left.
I have been reading about this recycled Sari Silk, so I bid on some on Ebay and won. It's beautiful I plan on making me a jacket out of it I just need to get past Christmas first. There are so many projects I want to knit...I just need to find the time to do more!

Till next time.....

No comments: