Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Giving Thanks....I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband, 3 beautiful children, 2 great step-daughters, and my family & friends and good health. Oh, and I can't forget my little buddy...Ace, our 13 year old cat...very spoiled cat I might add.

This is a time for family and togetherness BUT, (I bet you knew that was coming) there are certain family members who one just seems to not be able to get along with or does everything in their power to irritate the crap out of you, it would be hard for me to believe that there is one person out there who can say "I get along with everyone in my family!"
When we lost my beloved grandmother this past February my dream was for each individual "sept" of the family to do their own Thanksgiving...nope. There is that one who scopes out the free meal! I know, I know this is Thanksgiving and you are supposed to help the undepriviledged...believe me that is NOT the case here.
SO...I will have my knitting in hand, pun intended, while watching football (which she doesn't like) so as to ignore her.

I'm still working on my Christmas presents...getting closer and closer to getting them finished. It's probably the first time in my life that I have more than one project going at one time. In the past I have always tried to complete what is on the needles before I start another. This method is kind of fun...when you get tired or stuck on a particular pattern you can change to something else. My spinning has been a little ignored lately, I miss it too...another reason to get all these projects done.

Our trip to Asheville was wonderful. I found 4 knitting shops and bought yarn from all but 1, I have a personal protest that I make when I'm ignored upon entering a store. Now, I don't like getting mobbed and followed either but, it's a simple acknowledgement of my presence and wanting me to know that if I have any questions they will be available to help. I am this way because I used to work at a yarn shop that treated people this way, and I'm very proud of the fact that when I began working there I gave customer service! This yarn shop was started by 4 rich businessmen looking for a tax right off and a way to get their wives out of the house. So they would knit all day and could care less if someone came in or they sold a single skein of yarn. This yarn shop is still in business today and the only one in our town...I refuse to go there, I'll buy mailorder first.

Well, this is taking away from my knitting time so again...HAPPY THANKSGIVING...and Remember Our Troops!

No comments: