Monday, April 21, 2008

Saying Goodbye...


...is such a hard thing to do.

This is my 13 year old nephew, Hank, though the picture was taken some time back he's aged a great deal since. Bad news came Friday...we must tell him goodbye.

Tears flow like rain...

Tribute To A Best Friend
Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.


--Author Unknown

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin... I'm so sorry. I couldn't read the poem, but know that my heart goes out to you and all those whom Hank has loved.

Monet said...

So sorry to hear about Hank...that is such a tough thing. I couldn't make it all the way thru the poem without tears thinking of a time when I may have to say good-bye to my baby boy...

Marianne said...

... I'm so sorry... I wish him the very best on his continued journey... dude, what a sweet face!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I am so sorry. Hugs to you!

Jadielady said...

Oh no :( I'm so sorry *hugs* Prayers and thoughts towards you and your family.

JustApril said...

aw sad =( I'm sorry for your family

Dianne said...

Robin,
I am so sorry!
Hank is such a handsome boy!..I wish him a safe journey to Puppy Heaven..Super Hugs being sent to you~

Pam! said...

you're in my thoughts. Saying goodbye it tough. i made it through the poem but it was difficult. I still miss my Morgan-dog.

Bubblesknits said...

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and yours.

Mari said...

So sorry about Hank.

Birdsong said...

Oh, Robin... I am soo sorry... with so much love on your side, I know he will be waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge for you.

Opal said...

I'm so sorry about Hank. It's never easy saying goodbye. *hug offered*

Nana Sadie said...

I'm so sorry, Robin.
((((hugs))))

Annie said...

Oh no, I'm sorry.
Peace to you and yours.

Dana said...

I'm so sorry to read about Hank. My condolences to all of you!

Unknown said...

Oh, my - what a sad time for you and your family. Pets are just sooooo special.

KSee said...

Robin, so sorry to hear your sad news. I've never seen that poem. How beautiful.

Becky G said...

It's such a hard thing to say good bye. Our Katie is almost 13. Cody doesn't remember life without her. I know the day is coming. I'm dreading it already.

Bea said...

I'm so sorry. He was quite a handsome boy. Gus and Abby send some healing drool your way.

Anita said...

Oh I'm so sorry Robin!!! Saying goodbye to such a loved family member is so hard.... Hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. :o(

IndigoMuse said...

Sent a little prayer to sweet Mavis and all of our other furry friends to greet him with wide open paws when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge. Your family is in my prayers.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry. I hope Hank will find a wonderful place to romp and play over the Rainbow Bridge.