Saturday, February 05, 2011

FO Friday

~~a day late!!

"Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear." ~Author Unknown





...and the baby knitting continues! From the stash of course--this is a fun pattern to knit. VERY quick, can you say "instant gratification"?




You remember this post Well...my hairdresser LOVED THEM! She's going to send me pictures of the "baby girl" wearing them, of course we have a little bit more to wait before she arrives.

I have been sewing too...I couldn't post this till the gift had been "gifted"--but as you've probably read my favorite cousin had a birthday this week. I have had these items stashed away for quite some time now so the idea came to me to make these--


Can you tell what it's made from?



I know it may seem "garish" but these ties belonged to her father (my uncle that just passed away last month)and our grandfather. There's just more sentimental value to these than anything else.
I had intended (and still do) to make myself a "tie vest" but I thought it be more fitting to make Kim one first.

Are you ready for the Super Bowl?? My menu is set...started cooking today...it's all about the food, commercials and OF COURSE----FOOTBALL!!!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Cute little hat, but I LOVE that bag. Wish now I'd kept some of Daddy's ties. What a thoughtful, useful remembrance of two dear men. Bravo!