Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not The Only One~

Rudy's not the only family member making the newspaper! A small publication here in the Valley has MY picture in it!
My cousin emailed me yesterday to say that I was in it, of course you have to know what I was wearing to even know that it is me.



Sunday I joined the Star City Striders on their regular Sunday morning run on the Blue Ridge Parkway (BOY, I love running there--so beautiful). I actually ran 9 (almost 10) miles, it's amazing what a little encouragement will do for you. I probably would have petered out long before that, my maximum was 7 miles.

Another installment of "What a Runner Sees"~
1-Child's sandal
2-More cell phone parts
3-ONE really big fat squirrel barking at me
4-Another squirrel in the tree and I swear he was throwing acorns at me, one actually hit me in the head...I guess it's a good thing they're not monkeys, they poop in their hands and throw it at ya!
5-Two "apparently" used condoms (GROSS)...bleck, within close proximity of each other. Which leads one to question...hmmmmm?
6-Lipstick tube
7-Broken mirror...someones gonna have some bad luck, maybe the person with the condoms?
8-And of course lots of litter & trash....SOME HUMANS ARE NASTY!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Congrats to you!

See? That's why Sissy needs a new harness before we begin walking again. Those squirrels? She wants to chase them!

Dani said...

That's awesome Robin! Both the paper and the distance. 9 miles??? I was happy to do a 5k last night!