Sunday, January 14, 2007

Spinning & WIP's

I just thought I should really prove that I am Knittin' & Spinnin'...I think you can tell by the ticker above that I AM doing my walkin'!! I'm 1/4 of the way to 100 miles!! WooHoo!! Luckily the weather here on the weekends (so far) have been very, very nice...I'm just afraid we're going to pay for it come March & April...I feel a blizzard on the horizon! Our last 'blizzard' was in March of 1996 (nearly 3 feet of snow)...I think we are about due. So...this beautiful weather has afforded some great walking days! By mid-week we are supposed to be back to freezing temps...I'm starting to worry about my flowers...I think I mentioned before that my daffodils are coming up...my Blaze Azalea is budding--




I don't want to lose this....this coming spring! Hubby took this picture this past April!




Day lilies are budding....I feel like were in Florida...OMG!! MIL can't call anymore bragging about the weather...WE'RE having FL weather!

Okay onto the WIP's....
My North Ronaldsay is coming along beautifully...I wish you could feel this stuff! Its a most unusual fiber--there is fluff, wooly fiber and hair that looks like angora...not guard hairs, they're very soft and add the specks of color to your spun fiber.





It's hard to get a picture that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about...The first time I spun this fiber I purchased it at one of the Fall Fiber Festivals from SpiritTrail Fiberworks. I spun that as singles and knitted me a pair of mitts out of it...it's a little *scratchy* but very warm & comfortable. This however has a must softer feel to it, very different but yet the same appearance! I think I'm going to ply this...it just hasn't spoken to me yet to say what it wants to become!


I have a couple pairs of socks in the works...the red ones are made from Regia and are a B-day gift for my cousin who will be celebrating her 40th B-day next month! HaHa...join the ranks of *falling apart*...I keep wondering what's going to happen in a few years when I hit the next milestone?!? I'm using the Elongated Corded Rib pattern from "Sensational Knitted Socks" and the other pair are for Moi! Of course you probably recognize the pattern...Jaywalkers (I love this pattern for self-striping yarn)! For these I'm using the Austermann Stepp yarn...my hands feel so good when I finally put these down! I can't wait to put them on my tootsies!

No...I haven't started my Steeking project yet...but that's on the table along with a baby sweater for a friend who's expecting, more socks, a sweater vest for my Dad, a sweater for my hubby and anything else that hits my fancy! I've got plenty of spinning fiber so IF that blizzard does decide to hit....Baby, I'm ready!!!!

Still no word on the STR Virgin contest...I'm waiting...hoping...and on my knees!!

One more thing...I know my Mom doesn't use the internet (that's what I'm for) so I know she's not upset about this but I forgot to post (not to mention I felt like crap) on Thursday....Happy Birthday Mom!! I had made her a pair of Jaywalkers out of Trekking XXL. She was very excited about her socks!

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & (come on--you can do it!) Walkin'!!!

2 comments:

gourdongirl said...

Lets try this leaving comments again, since it wouldn't let me yesterday.

Happy belated birthday to Robin's mum.

The sox are beautiful. I'm still a "Jaywalker" virgin, but I think they will be my next pair!

Nikki said...

I forgot to ask you, where do you get your Austermann Stepp yarn? That's the one that's all aloe-y or whatever it is, right? (I think my brain is still recovering from the virus LOL)