Sunday, January 21, 2007

Obsession??



FO--
Well...Cousin Kim's socks are finished! I've yet to block them...


Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib from "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch.

Yarn: Regia Linien Color #5284

This makes my 10th completed pair of socks!!






I can't believe it...me...the person who said "I"ll NEVER knit something that me (or someone else) will place on their foot and stick in to a shoe!" All I can now is--"Never say--Never!" Am I obsessed? Look for yourself! Here's my sock yarn stash:
(click on the picture to enlarge!)

So...yes I am ready for *Wintry Weather*...which, by the way, we are SUPPOSED to be getting today. Oh I suppose freezing rain and sleet is technically *wintry weather*...but...I WANT SNOW!!! Now I know that Scout, Shelly and many others out West are getting plenty of it and probably are sick of it...and I'm sure I would be in I were in their shoes, but we just haven't had a significant snow for several years! Our last blizzard was in March of '96! And as I've said before with the unseasonably warm weather we were having is any indication...we are due for something!



Since we are NOT getting snow...another great activity for being indoors is--
Being Ace-sleep! Mr Ace is a MASTER at it...check out these photos:



Ms. Shona...I like Mommy's shawl too! You see she keeps it on the back of the couch and wraps up in it when she's knitting...today when she came into the room I was using it--I got in trouble...after she took the picture!






I'm bored with you...Mom stop taking my picture!


My walking miles increased this week...I logged 9 miles (something tells me I won't get a walk in today). I wish "knitting miles" counted!

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin'!!

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Nice sock stash! I've just started knitting socks..already addicted. I have 3 partial pair started, waiting patiently for the next 2 lessons.
I'm in Va. also..and very disappointed to be getting the 'rain/sleet' instead of snow..but it's still good knitting weather!
Happy Knitting..

tangelled angel said...

Oh very cute kitty cat pic's!!! The socks look really comfy too and love the colour

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The socks are wonderful and what a gorgeous sock yarn stash you have!

Yep, we're definitely sick of ice here.

Your kitties are adorable.

Congratulations on your walking totals. You are inspiring me! : )

Anne Margaret said...

TEN pairs of socks?!! That's awesome - way to go!

Dianne said...

Robin,
Thanks for the invite..sounds like great fun..however I have "OLD" eyes and don't see well too drive at night.
My LYS is opening the upstairs in Feb. for "knit night" on Thurs...that's exciting, I'm about 5 min. from her shop and can 'feel' my way home from there..
Yes, it is a great shop..We're very lucky to have 'her' in town.

Nana Sadie said...

Cool sock yarn! (I've stopped saying "never" myself!)
Mr Ace looks like my trio during the storm yesterday! The Meezer hasn't decided where to "lite" yet this a.m.
(((hugs)))

Jeanne said...

Nice socks, pretty yarn and cute kitty!!

gourdongirl said...

I love the sox, but the stash even more!

Debby said...

Great stash...one of my favorite things about knitting

Anonymous said...

Socks are definetly addictive! I found through experience that good sock yarn is a must. Plain merino or anything else might be comfortable for a time but will render holes galore later! I have several in need of darning! I love Regia yarn. Been wanting to try that Austermann Step yarn. The one with the Aloe and Jojoba.
Diana

Mary said...

Cute pictures of your kitty cat! And I have to confess that my sock yarn stash is bigger than yours, and I haven't been knitting it up, so I have no business buying any more!