Monday, January 15, 2007

The Big L!!!!

Okay, I'm a Loser...and still a STR Virgin! I have no retailer in my area...you see--I'm a feeler...I like to fondle an feel (sometimes even smell it--yum) my yarn before I buy it---Maybe I just need to get over this and take the plunge?! Oh Socks-That-Rock looks scrumptious...it seems everyone has some on their blog...but I'm also interested in Scout's yarns and fibers....her colorways are so pretty....go on over and take a look at her gallery of color!! Mmmmmmmmm--

Other happenings at *The Coop*--
So today I learned how to add progress bars to my blog...

Hubby and I biked 3.75 miles today...he was off from work--I, of course, was NOT! Yes, my legs feel like jello!

I'm still working on my courage to start my Steeking project...you would think that after 30+ years of knitting I'd be willing to try anything...and I am--except cutting my knitting!! Arrrgghhh...I'll get past this--I have to!

Oh...
And I found out what *Mythical Creature* I am:
You Are a Chimera

You are very outgoing and well connected to many people.
Incredibly devoted to your family and friends, you find purpose in nurturing others.
You are rarely alone, and you do best in the company of others.
You are incredibly expressive, and people are sometimes overwhelmed by your strong emotions.


Do I overwhelm you?? I didn't think I did...sorry!

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin'!!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

I have a hank of STR -- remind me to bring it for you to fondle, next time we might run into each other. It's quite nice. I've heard it compared to Koigu, as far as texture.

Beth said...

Hi Robin - sorry you didn't score a skein of STR. It is some wondrous stuff. I did the '06 Sock Club and just paid for the '07 too.

Okay, you have to share ... how DO you put progress bars on your blog? I've been wanting to do that as well, but haven't figured it out yet. Do tell ... please!

Nikki said...

I didn't win either. :( no STR for us Virginia Virgins. I think I may just have to breakdown and buy a skein...

Are the progress bars hard? I've always enjoyed those.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

If it makes you feel better, the one hanks of STR that I have is the Rhode Island Red that I won from a contest. Granted, if I had another hank, I would make a really cool shawl out of it, but I digress... As for steeking, nope not me! Not only do I need to catch up for my 100 Miles - it was a lazy sort of weekend. Finally, I am a (not surprisingly for me) Phoenix!
=:8

Sangeeta said...

you are cracking me up.

Nana Sadie said...

STR? The socks I'm knitting for my Sockret Pal is made of that - your boss put one on to test size at our last meeting...I'll have them with me next time! Just let's remember, ok??
I love it!
(((hugs)))

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I have a few skeins of STR and I am totally thrilled with every inch of it. I've also heard fabulous things about Scout's sock yarn, but I haven't gotten any ... yet!

Have a wonderful week and stay warm and safe. : )