Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Whiskers on Wednesday



Our local news (I hope this link works) ran a great story last week, I'm sharing in hopes that you either have this program or can encourage one to start...or maybe you know of someone in need of these services!
You'll remember my "Feral Cat Problem", which is still on going...but there may be hope now. In this time of high unemployment there are jobs opening up...that is if you are a feral cat.
Barn Cat Buddies is a program specifically for feral cats, those who can't be socialized to society but need shelter, care and food. The cats are throuroughly checked out by a Vet, spayed or neutered and put up for adoption. Since we live in farm country and plenty of barns need a cat or two this is absolutely perfect! If you know of anyone who needs a good mouser have them check out their website or give them a call.

Now on to the "Non-mouser" that lives in our house...

Question--What is this look all about?




Answer--Rudy's on HIS Mom & Dad's bed (obviously it's prior to me making up the bed)!



Mama...make him play with me!!




Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!

6 comments:

SissySees said...

Rudy has such a sweet, expresive face, but that ol' grumpy cuss Ace makes me wish I could have a cat again!

LOVE that program. I don't think there's anything of the sort here, and there should be!

Bubblesknits said...

What a great program! We live in farm country, too. I'll be sure to mention that to my local vet. :-)

Becky G said...

Awww, they are so cute! That's exactly what Rudy seems to be saying, too.

Dani said...

I already have several feral cats keeping the mouse population at bay - and something seems to be keeping the cat population down here. Vultures maybe? But what a great program!

Anita said...

Cute photos, Ace is looking pretty sour at the fact that Rudy is on the bed with him. LOL

Aunt Kathy said...

great shots of Rudy and Ace lol