Wednesday, March 11, 2009

These Are The Days~


...I guess I've been saving for, not that I've wanted to, but the fact remains our economy is really, really bad. Scary bad in ways.

This week I found out my hours at work were cut, Hubby's worried about things in his office as well. We both work for neighboring city governments, things aren't looking so good. I got a preliminary look at our City's budget, I only have 2 words...not good. The City of Roanoke is even worse from all the news reports.

SO...all of the fiber/yarn/fabric I've "squirreled-up" for the past...oh, almost 30 years -- is going to be it for a while! I thought I'd been saving it for some great blizzard when we'd be housebound for days...NOT! I truly hope this economy turns around soon, it's not so much that I want to buy yarn or fiber...it's the worry that the income will become non-existent! So many people have lost their jobs, with what seems to be no end in sight...more and more businesses are closing or laying off people. As much as I may complain, I'm SO thankful to have a job.

We're doing a lot to cut back and be more self-sufficient, I've even gone back to the days of clipping coupons!

It's too scary to watch the news these days....

No WoW this week, the cat won't cooperate! But please go over and check out my friend Anita's fur-baby...she's the feature of the week.

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

6 comments:

Becky G said...

Times are tough all over. I've been toying with the idea of having my landline and internet cut off, but I just can't bear to give it up.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow you have a DOLLAR to stretch??? Yeah, times are tough but they will get better, I am sure of that.

Opal said...

times really are tough. hang in there!

Anita said...

We are all feeling it, and it really sucks doesn't it?!

Thanks for the Jazzy plug... I guess giving Jaz new info on how to act was exhausting for Ace...

Bubblesknits said...

I know. It's very scary. Makes me glad I stockpiled yarn. lol

Tell Ace we need a fix. Stroke his ego. ;-)

SissySees said...

There was a time when gov't employees felt safe from such. We are short a firefighter on Day Crew, and have been told the position is frozen, indefinitely. If they're cutting emergency services, they're cutting everything.