Thursday, February 03, 2011

新年快乐 and Dogs on Thursday



"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." ~ Buddha

....translated simply as Happy New Year!
This is the year of the Rabbit, Rudy and my Chinese zodiac symbol. I have a favorite Chinese restaurant (25+ years....) that we won't get to tonight to celebrate but maybe over the weekend. I personally, know the owners well...I should the entire time I was pregnant with Chase I CRAVED one of their dishes, ate it at least once a week.
They've had the same placemats as always...the ones with the Chinese zodiac on it.


I'm glad some things stay the same...

So, what does it say about me?

Occupying the 4th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rabbit symbolizes such character traits as creativity, compassion, and sensitivity. Rabbits are friendly, outgoing and prefer the company of others. They also prefer to avoid conflict. In confrontational situations, Rabbits approach calmly and with consideration for the other party. Rabbits believe strongly in friends and family and lacking such bonds can lead to emotional issues.
(FYI-the last sentence rings SO true, part of the reason why things have been so bad for me lately)

Will you celebrate the year of the Rabbit?






Rudy got a haircut yesterday! Mr Handsome!! ...looks like I'll be knitting more out of my baby yarn stash--his groomer is expecting, a baby girl!!


AND





HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE COUSIN...KIM!!

You are the best!!

....no I didn't drop her! Looks like her diaper leaked...

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

4 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh... Rudy looks SO handsome!!!! muah!

Kim Carroll said...

Thank you, too funny must have been a cloth diaper.

SissySees said...

I'm a rooster, which has always interested me, because I love roosters, but not hens.

Dawn said...

You are so cute Rudy!