Thursday, January 20, 2011

Renewal





“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill




Every day is a promise of a better day...(see I'm being positive)

I'm SO tired of this winter season...the dreary and bareness of the trees. I'm ready for the renewal of Springtime. What brought all this on? My new heirloom seed catalog came in the mail. I'm planning out my garden already, I only have a very small space so I'm trying to put as much as I can in.
I'm playing with the idea of creating a greenhouse so I can have some veggies (or something GREEN) over the winter months.

I miss my farmers market!!! Oh, we have a group that comes every 2 weeks with farm fresh eggs and root crop but it's not the same as seeing all those fabulous colors and hearing the hustle & bustle of the people at the market.
Oh, I've been doing pretty good on my 3/50 Project The only items I have to buy from the grocery store are cleaning supplies & paper products...oh and bananas--I've yet to find Virginia grown bananas.

I think Rudy's even tired of winter....



Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'

3 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Poor Rudy!
Our farmers markets are having once (or twice?) a month winter markets inside, but I haven't made it yet...

SissySees said...

Giggle! Love that photo of Rudy. How's Milo?

I'm not doing well with food shopping and local. Of course, I'm not doing much food shopping in general, unless eating in a locally owned restaurant counts?

Bubblesknits said...

I'm tired of winter, too. It's been way too cold for this warm blooded Southerner. lol And we're supposed to get more snow! I think I need to check and make sure I still live in Alabama. O.o