Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can you spell Cabin Fever?





"Wherever you go, go with all your heart" ~ Confucius




UGH...I'm so tired of winter...I'm tired of being cold...I'm tired of being cooped up in the house...I'M TIRED OF WINTER!!!

Okay, that was the negative--here's the positive ~

Today we went for a ride to Floyd, VA. For those of you who are not familiar with this Town/Community it's such an eclectic and interesting place. Hubby and I have been making this a regular stop since we started dating (I remember as a kid being in LOVE with the hardware store--but then again I've never grown up). There's lots of artist owned shops including the famous Floyd Country Store, it's on the Crooked Road Trail, Schoolhouse Fabrics (3 floors of FABRIC-some of which has been there since the beginning of time--I'm talking double knit polyester) funny I still like going there--hearing the sound of the wood floors creaking underfoot as you move from room to room, the Jacksonville Center for the Arts, also the new Shooting Creek Brewery and Hubby found Mitchell's Music-they want to sell some of his dulcimers! Down the road a bit are the Villa Appalaccia and Chateau Morrisette Wineries, Mabry's Mill and the quaint little town of Meadows of Dan.

Today I made a new discovery! Woolly Jumper Yarns....YES, a yarn shop! I met the owner Michele, who's your "A" typical Floydtonian - if that's a word...anyway Floyd is well known for it's friendly people. I explained to her that I was currently on a yarn diet but asked if I could still "pet" her yarn. The store is small but it has a very good selection of what you might need for a new project. I know I'll miss something but I noticed Rowan, EcoWool, Cascade, Debbie Bliss, and some local yarns I know as well, Alpaca from Ed & Joan Kinser and Greenberry House in Meadows of Dan. The have knit night every Thursday night from 6-8pm -- too darn bad just like The Crooked Stitch, it's so far away from me! I'm very ashamed to say that I haven't gotten to The Crooked Stitch yet...even though one of my knitting friends works there...yes, I'm hanging my head in shame.

If you are in the area or if you decide to make a special trip you've gotta check out Floyd!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Sounds like the perfect yarn shop in a quaint town. I wish I had time for sight-seeing...