Friday, July 16, 2010

Rudy...the swimmer!

I'm not sure that you all are aware but Rudy LOVES to swim...in fact, he has a doggie swimming pool in the backyard for those really hot days. Honestly, I believe he thinks he's a labrador! He will go underwater for a rock or golf ball without hesitation (hmmmm...maybe I should take him golfing with me?!)

The park we take him to sometimes for evening or weekend walks follows a portion of the Roanoke River...and of course he wants to go get in the water! Since he's NOT a water dog (no webbed toes for Shih Tzu's) and he's a brachycephalic (short-nosed) breed he needs a little help in the deeper water....AND we want to train him to ride in the canoe with us, we bought him a "doggie life preserver"!




Now I'm working on training him with the boogie board...who knows, he might just be one of those surfing dogs!!

Stay tuned...more videos to come!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

5 comments:

Becky G said...

My cousin used to have a dog who would dive. Whenever I took her to my uncle's pond, she would dive in and disappear. A few minutes later, her head would pop up in a completely different place. IT was so funny to watch.

Issy said...

That's too cool Robin!! Go Rudy!

SissySees said...

Neat! My lab would dive for most anything. My girls have never done more than get splashed by the ocean, although Gretchen has jumped in the hot tub several times.

Robin said...

Hang Ten, Rudy!

Bubblesknits said...

:D Love the video of Rudy swimming.