Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Whiskers on Wednesday


I haven't posted a Whiskers on Wednesday for a few weeks now...Ace just hasn't been himself.
The old man is slowing down...a lot. He moves painfully (we know he has arthritis) and carefully. In the last 3 months he's lost 4 lbs, yet his blood work is amazing perfect for his age. His body functions all work properly...if you know what I mean. Well, except for the increased issues with hairballs (that's another thing, he's blowing his coat like crazy), and he hates the Laxatone.
There are further tests we can have done but at this time I'm not ready to know he is in his final years (months or days), I'm hoping he has years and years left with us, but am prepared for whatever may come.
In September he'll be 17 years old...according to his Vet that's the human equivalent of about 95 years old.


I'm not sure if I'll be posting WOW each week. It all depends on how Ace feels...

...there's more to this picture.

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

6 comments:

Becky G said...

Aww, poor Ace. It's always tough watching them get older. I hope he perks up and you get a few more years with him.

Anita said...

Poor Ace, I hope he feels more like his old self soon. I really hate he has been feeling bad lately. Let him know that all of his blog friends love him & want him to feel better! :)

Nikki said...

I understand. Bartholamew's not quite that old but at 13, he's an old man... soft gentle huggles for Mr Ace (and y'all too)

IndigoMuse said...

Much love to sweet Ace. I'm sure he's still got some spunk left in him - especially when Rudy's around :)

Bubblesknits said...

Poor Ace. I'll keep him in my prayers. Can't have anything happening to our funny ole guy. :-) Give him some soft rubs for me.

SissySees said...

We'll all just enjoy Ace when he - and you - feel like it. I'll keep him in my prayers too; it's so hard when they really start to slow down, but I hope he has a few more good years left!