Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Please Mr. Postman

(yes, I am all about music -- If you need the tune click HERE)



Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman
Wait wait Mr. Postman.
Mr. Postman, look and see,
Oh, yeah, is there a letter large box in your bag truck for me
Please, please Mr. Postman
I've been waiting long, long time...

Look what arrived at my doorstep yesterday!




Back in February I sent off 2 fleeces to be processed, a shetland and the largest part of a merino that I got tired of teasing out (the process is quite meticulous). So, I patiently waited, I really had no reason to be anxious...I have PLENTY of fiber to spin up!



I wish you could feel this--This is the shetland I got from Debbie Dull earlier this spring when I went to (or rather played hookey from work) help with shearing day. 2.5lbs of fibery goodness! I knew it was a beautiful fleece, I just had NO idea of how wonderful it truly is.

...and...drum roll please...

Remember when I went to that merino farm and bought my first fleece (actually I bought a second one later that same weekend)? Well, the method in which the shepherdess suggested I process the fleece was literally taking me forever (now 2 years to be exact).



Washed, double carded and pin drafted into 3lbs of FABULOUS fiber to spin. The fleece had lots of VM in it, I'm REALLY surprised at how clean it came out. There are going to be some small flecks to get out, but very little!

If you noticed the box and are interested I had this process at Ohio Valley Natural Fibers. Last year I sent an alpaca fleece with a friends order and was pleased with how they process it (no, I haven't spun it up yet--remember THIS picture) That's why I'm on a yarn/fiber diet...I have enough to make my own! Though I have recently fallen off the wagon, but I'm back on again...I promise!
OH...and if you decide to send a fleece (or two) to Ohio Valley, be sure and take advantage of their coupon for first time customers, just click the button on the left side of the page that says "Gift Certificate"!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'

7 comments:

Dani said...

Looks so pretty and soft Robin!

Anonymous said...

oooo.. fiber envy! Your fleeces came out great.

SissySees said...

That looks dreamy! Enjoy.

IndigoMuse said...

That's too funny. I got my box from them on Friday (I also sent mine in February).

I MUST see how your merino turned out - it looks FAB! I talked to the owner at great length on Friday and he explained how he processed merino and why I should send it to them :)

Becky G said...

Looks like you are going to have a grand old time spinning all that up! I can't wait to see it when it is finished.

JustApril said...

Drool worthy wool. (say that five times fast) ok, so it's not that hard

Natalie Rush said...

Wow...so pretty! How did I miss this post!! I now want to send my 13lb fleece of to them. :)