Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dogs on Thursday



Sorry, I've been absent but it has been pretty crazy around here. Work this week has been the pits...but Friday we are leaving for a camping trip! Can't wait and I know Rudy's going to be very tired...his best buddy Milo will be there with us!



Big News going on...Rudy's a Graduate AND an AKC S.T.A.R Puppy! He performed all his required behaviors and a few tricks to boot. This class was so much fun for both of us...I learned a lot and I KNOW Rudy did too. We've already sent in our registration for Beginner II (we're headed towards his CGC training). Rudy thoroughly enjoyed the "agility" activities we worked on...so maybe agility competition is in his future?!





he got the box of "cookies" for perfect attendance

Since we all know what a character Rudy is, he needed to be appropriately dressed for the occasion, I looked for a cap & gown to no avail. So he went in the outfit he would have worn UNDER his gown!


One of his instructors called him Magnum PI! Another lady said with all that "chest hair" sticking out he just needed some gold chains to go back to the 70's.

One of the games we played was a "challenge" game, where we were broken up into 2 teams. We had to challenge the other team to a trick...Rudy left his entire bag of tricks on the floor yet our team still lost. But we had SO much fun doing it.


Rudy doing his beg!




Hi y'all...I'm a Obedience School Grad-g-ate!

As Rudy's Mom I can't say enough about this school and the great job these trainers do. Their methods are positive and rewarding for both owner and pet, I think in 7 weeks Rudy and I have increased our bond.

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!!

14 comments:

momsue84 said...

Congratulations to Rudy!! And to Rudy's Mom! What a team. And a cuter graduation outfit doesn't exist. I see big things in his future. He is so adorable.

issy said...

Woo Hoo!! Go Rudy. Go Rudy.
Go Robin!!

SissySees said...

Yay! Congrats to both. I'd love for both of my girls to work towards their CGC, so maybe I'll take advantage of my slow summer and find a class for each of them... Sissy can move to intermediate, I think. Wish I lived close enough to use that school!

Dawn said...

Yeah Rudy...you're just toooo cute!

Tobi said...

Congrats Rudy! That's great news! I love your hawaiian shirt - very summery and shows what a cool dog you are.

Tobi

Tina. said...

Wow, that is an accomplishment! Congrats to both of you! I agree on the 70's comment, tee hee, too cute!

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats Rudy!!! Way to go!

Opal said...

yay for rudy! what a puppy!

Becky G said...

Congratulations Rudy! Auntie Becky is so proud of you.

cate said...

Y'all are awesome. c

Jadielady said...

Awwwww!!! That last picture just cracks me up!! Rudy's so proud!! YAY Congratulations and good job!

Dana said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful time together!

Bubblesknits said...

Yay Rudy!!! Love his shirt, too. Give him lots of kisses for me. :-)

Sue said...

Aw, a graduate! And on to college, too! He looks adorable in his outfit.