Friday, January 16, 2009

B-B-B-Brrrrrrrrrrr!

I know many of you in the Midwest will laugh at me for complaining about our temps but hey...we haven't had single digit temps in 25+ years! So I'm a wimp, but 7 degrees this morning with below zero windchill and it's gonna be worse tonight!

My fish are safe in the bottom of the pond but THIS makes me glad I'm not a fish.



Lil Rudy doesn't understand why we aren't going for a walk and Ace hasn't left his bed...well, except to eat -- gotta keep that "fat reserve" up!
I slept very little last night, our furnace decided to NOT work properly. The repair man's trying to put the "sell" on me by saying it needs to be replaced. It's forced air heat...the main part is original but all the heating element including the electronic ignition is new. This usually only happens when the temps get below freezing, most of the time it's perfectly fine. I'd love to have an old fashioned cook stove in the kitchen. There's nothing like wood heat...

Remember all those robins I told you I saw last week? Think I should start knitting them little sweaters? I bet there's a few of them that would like to strangle the one that decided it was time to migrate north again!

Keep warm....and Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

OK no more posts about early Spring... it must have made Winter mad, lol. We are minus 15 and that's not with the wind chill... burrrrr

momsue84 said...

Come one out here to Wyoming. We are having gorgeous weather-temp hit 60 today and will for the rest of the weekend. Lots of sunshine and no snow. Now if you go up a couple of thousand feet, it's a different story.

sheep#100 said...

Single digits here - spring is not in sight!

SissySees said...

It's 9 at the moment, and my crazy girls are in and out. Stay warm!

Bubblesknits said...

I think Ace has the right idea. lol Stay warm.

Becky G said...

I was with Ace yesterday. I didn't venture out of the house. I even sent Cody to get the mail! We didn't quite hit single digits, but it didn't get above freezing all day.