Saturday, August 23, 2008

WIP's...

~lots of Raverly links~

...turned into FO's thanks to Ravelympics...I have finally crossed the Podium!

My main event had issues, I entered my Nicole vest in the VestVault category. On opening night I found that my project was no where to be found in the event forum on Ravelry as I had "registered", so I chalked it up to a disqualification for "Yarn Doping", on appeal and with a Presidential pardon I was reinstated...all the while the knitting continued. The finish line was in sight when I took a good look only to find an obvious knitting error...which caused a major "frogging incident". With great sorrow I withdrew this project from the event and started on my alternate event...WIP Wrestling. Where I was able to finish 2 of my WIPs!

My Sarong:


Yarn: Blue Heron Cotton Seed - color: Macaw

Merino/Silk Handspun:


Golden Hibiscus 80/20 merino/silk; 18 WPI laceweight; 8 ozs=1155 yds -- LOVE IT!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

8 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

That sarong in macaw is so bright and colorful. Congrats on crossing the finish line.

Becky G said...

Congratulations on finishing. The yarn is beautiful.

Dani said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS. Love love love it! I would just be wrapping the skeins around my neck like a scarf!

Bubblesknits said...

Oh, Lord. You're so funny. :-) I love the "Yarn Doping".

That yarn is to dye for!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The Hibiscus is gorgeous! But I've already told you that right?! :)

Marianne said...

Be still my beating heart, your Golden Hibiscus is most incredible. I took a close up look, nearly fainted from the pure beauty of your lace weight!
You've probably already told us where you got the fibre, care to share it with your addled brain friend, one more time?
That yarn is beyond beautiful!

Anita said...

yarn doping! LOL
I'm glad that you were cleared & reinstated. :)
Just finished up one of mine this morning! Woohoo!

Opal said...

holy silk, robin! that yarn is absolutely stunning! (