Friday, July 18, 2008

WIPS




...and an ALMOST FO!

WIP~

Well, I'm working away at my Bleeding Heart Stole and it's almost done! The question is...


To dye-
or not to dye?!






Then I've been spinning~

This is "Golden Hibiscus" but I refer to it as Spun Sunshine!!

I joined Carole's group--10 minutes a day. I must say this has motivated me to really sit down a little more to my wheel, and I don't just sit for 10 minutes. My time quickly turns into an hour or more!



Then there's this little cutie (the almost FO)!

Hubby had a business trip in Richmond yesterday so I went along, he dropped me off in Carytown where I spent some time in The Yarn Lounge. They had some cute little buttons that I bought for this sweater but my "color judgement" was a little off.
So back to the drawing board and my original idea for buttons.
More on that later...

The trip was short and the ride long and tiring but I did afford me 6 hours of pure, uninterrupted knitting time, something I don't get to do very often!

I'm still trying to find the perfect pattern to enter in Ravelympics, there only 21 days until it begins I'd better get on the ball!

In other news, I'm busting my rear training for my first 5K! The schedule is wearing me out. I still don't know if I'm going to make it...the doubt is setting in! I'm determined that if I have to walk across the finish line that's just the way it's going to be. I'm NOT in this to win, I'm in it to finish!

Today I'm cleaning house from top to bottom in an effort to get things ready for DSD, her hubby & Little Landon to arrive next weekend. I guess I'd better get off the Ole 'Puter and get with it...time's a wastin'!!

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend...

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!!

13 comments:

Dana said...

"Spun Sunshine," the Bleeding Heart Stole and the little sweater are all adorable.

To dye or not to dye? I don't know - - the white is striking and against the dark backround, the pattern really shows up nicely imho.

Have a wonderful weekend! (We'll both be getting ready for company).

Nana Sadie said...

I wouldn't dye it. It's so pretty in the "raw"
(((Hugs)))

Dani said...

I think I like it white too. :)

I LOVE the spun sunshine - any plans for it?

Which 5k are you running?

Anita said...

The stole is lovely! If you do dye it I'd keep it light, pattern shows up better with light yarns....

Love your new yarn too.... I need to get back at spinning myself, been distracted by knitting lately. :)

SissySees said...

Oh wow, that lace looks lovely as is...

I think I'm finally ready to order a wheel. Don't have time to take a final test spin until August, but I hope to be spinning soon.

Have a great weekend!

bockstark.knits said...

Wow, you have been super busy! That's a lot of progress!!! They are all wonderful, but my fave is the lace, which I think looks good as is!

Aunt Kathy said...

That golden hisbicus (sp?) is stunning

And I really like the bleeding hearts too

Diana said...

I think we all need a natural or white shawl! The 'sunshine' is beautiful, right up my color alley!
I should do the spinning 10 minutes a day, that would help me get in the groove!

Robin said...

All lovely! I'm enjoying the 10 Minutes A Day and like you find that it leads to more. Everyone needs a natural colored wrap. It is striking against the dark background. I'm envious of your trip to the Yarn Lounge. Love Stewart and Melanie!

Anonymous said...

Spun Sunshine is gorgeous! What's it going to be when it grows up?
I haven't even considered Ravlympics with all these socks for 52PP!

Becky G said...

The shawl is absolutely gorgeous, dyed or not! So is the yarn.

Good luck in your 5K.

I kind of want to do Ravelympics, but I have too many unfinished projects as it is. I really need to be working on them.

Anonymous said...

Spun sunshine indeed! That yarn is gorgous. :) You have been very productive of late haven't you?! The Shawl is looking gorgeous, and that little jacket is so sweet. I'll bet you are looking forward to Landon's visit. And hey, way to go about the 5Ker. I think you are amazing. You should blitz it! :)

Sue said...

Robin, I love your shawl. And the sweater... how cute. Is that for your grandson? Lucky little guy whoever it's for!