Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday...

...FINALLY!

And today was a VERY special Friday! I had a DATE...and it wasn't with my hubby!
A VERY special date...

Let me take you back to Monday when I received this very sweet phone call. My only FAVORITE niece calls me and wants to spend the afternoon with me on Friday...

KNITTING! Yes, you heard me right...she wanted to spend the day knitting with ME!!











I planted the seed taught her a while back the basics of knitting, and I've patiently waited for it to germinate. She remembers how, has her own special way of holding the needles but she's got it! Of course, as with anything and Maggie, it's always according to her rules. So I would knit on something--and she would knit on something...then we would switch (as soon as she saw that what I was doing was getting bigger).


She's an amazing kid! I LOVE HER!!

Here's her scarf~~













I do have another FO to show off~~



Saartje Booties! I've been so desperate to knit something for a little girl, you know PINK, I made these for my SIL's--SIL, who's due in a couple weeks! These ARE instant gratification! Such a quick knit...and so darn tiny!!


Please keep my (blogless) friend Sherry in your thoughts and prayers, I received a phone call this afternoon that her new little grandson was born prematurely (he was due the first week of Sept) this morning...he's the recipient of this little sweater.

He weighed 2.5 lbs and is doing very well, everything sounds so good I feel confident. Mom is still in recovery and will be there all night.


Hope you all have a great weekend...I know I WILL! Lil Landon arrives tomorrow!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!!

7 comments:

issy said...

Good for you--another knitter !! Keep up the good work. We need more!!

Anita said...

Maggie's scarf is awesome! :)

I hope baby & mom are doing ok... a friend of mine had a grandbaby that weighed right at 2 lbs when born, now she is a 3 yr old who doesn't slow down. :)
Your sweater & booties are sweet!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Becky G said...

What a great way to spend the day, enabling--er converting another new knitter!

SissySees said...

Enjoy your visit with Landon. I'm sure it was delightful to spend some knitting time with your niece!

Aunt Kathy said...

My grandson was born 11 weeks early and just under 3 pounds as well. He will be 4 in September and is perfect.

I am planting seeds in my niece too, she really wants to learn

Opal said...

Yay for Maggie and for another knitting convert! :)

Ally Jay said...

Well done you. it's great to see the youngesters knitting. My 7 year old loves it. She was born 10 weeks prem and is just dinky now. She has only just gone into age 5 clothes. Prayers with the little boy and his family. I think he might just need a smaller sweater!!