Thanks for all the kind words and heartfelt sympathies for my neighbor Adele. You guys have been so comforting to me...BTW, I'm going to finish the hat and find someone to give it to!
Adele will be sorely missed by MANY! There was a WONDERFUL article in today's paper about her....please read THIS.
A Christmas Meme
I got tagged by Becky to do this Christmas meme, so here goes:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?--Both, it really depends on the shape and size of the gift.
2. Real or artificial tree? - Artificial. I've been chastised by the boys for "going fake"...when they were home we would go out to the local tree farm and find the "perfect" tree, but since the kids have all grown up I've gone "fake"! I even have fake smell to go with the fake tree!!
3. When do you put up your tree? - A week or two after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 2nd...isn't it bad luck to take it down before then?
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes...preferably "juiced"!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? - My first bicycle...the future cause of many visits to the bathroom (Dad Surgery) and/or emergency room for the "burning red stuff" or worse!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? - Yes, a Kitty Cat one.
8. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? - Anything my Aunt (by marriage) gave me. It was either too big, too small, pieces missing or from a yard sale....no lie!! When my brother was 16 months old he received a FULL size football uniform, helmet and all!
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? - Both....I love giving and receiving cards!
10. Favorite Christmas movie? - It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol--the George C. Scott version, A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas and The Homecoming.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - It varies. Usually about mid year I'll start my Christmas knitting.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - Food....Food....and....more Food!! Rum cake, bourbon balls, "juiced" eggnog...see a common theme here?
13. Clear or colored lights on the tree? - A combination of Clear & blue.
14. Favorite Christmas song? - The River and Wintersong by Sarah Mclachlan...Silent Night, O Holy Night and Little Drummer Boy...oh yeah~ and Mary Did You Know.
So now I have to tag 3 people - and leave them comments to let them know they've been tagged.. I tag the following:
I've seen this all over BlogLand...so anyone who feels froggy....JUMP!!
Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!