Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HumpDay...

Only 2 more days till the weekend, and 2 more weeks until I see Little Landon again then...off to bury my toes in the sand!




Pics of my recent "Fiber Conquest" This is my very first fleece process by hand, yes it's hard work...but the satisfaction of knowing I DID IT MYSELF! As you know from reading I'm somewhat of a lazy spinner, I normally buy my fiber in roving!

Raw...












Washed...











Carded rolags.....
another reason I need a camping trip, to get away from everyday life to just sit down and spin for hours on end!
What is it going to be you ask? I'm thinking of maybe a heavily cabled sweater coat maybe?! I normally don't decide until I start spinning.




I started my first toe-up sock for my BIL, maybe I can get them finished for his birthday, late Oct...speaking of which, I photographed the sock with my "Christmas" Cactus, which always seems to bloom about Halloween!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

6 comments:

IndigoMuse said...

Don't carded rolags seem to scream at you to be spun? Those look so wonderfully soft and flurfy. Makes me want to spin (poor neglected wheel).

Nikki said...

It's sooo pretty!

As for the confused Christmas Cactus the giant one we had when I was growing up bloomed at Easter every year.

Dana said...

LOL...my Christmas cactus is budding now too. :) Your fleece is lovely and it's really neat to the 'before' and 'after' photos. Great job!

The toe-up sock is beautiful! Is it a self-pattern or are you doing colorways? Very, very nice.

Marianne said...

You are such an inspiration! lovely lovely rolags, mmmm good!
Really nice sock!

Mary said...

will you keep the yarn that same color, or dye it? i would guess that it would have to be a dark color. you know, teal is a lovely dark color.... ;-)

Margaret said...

Love the subtle greys of the fiber! It's a lot of work, but looks like it will spin like a dream.