Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sunsets and Setting Suns!

Remember this picture from this past December?


Here's the Setting Sun I'm seeing this evening...

So far in this skein I have 620 yds of 24-wpi, 2-ply yarn...with just over a 8oz's left to spin!




On the knitting front, I have another pair of socks on the needles~~I have a Monkey on my needles! Yes...I've jumped on the Monkey bandwagon!
I'm using Regia Silk Color...very nice to work with, especially with the hot weather that's being forecast for this weekend!

I'm still working on the first of 2 baby blankets and I've started on my Blue Sky Cotton, which will become a vest. Back in the winter I bought yet another Oat Couture Pattern (I love their patterns), Rockport Vest. I'll post pictures as I get more done with it. The pattern is almost the same as my Celtic Cardigan, which once I get it in my head I won't have to keep looking at each row! But you ask "Robin, what color?" Wanna guess? I bet you can guess...

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!!

Postscript---I forgot to mention...go on over to Carole's blog and look what her SIL found at a YARD SALE for $15.00!!! I think I'm going to have to start doing the yard sale thing again!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so gonna have to knit me some monkeys. If for no other reason because I call both of the cat's "monkey". :)

and Carole's SIL's find! OMG! makes me want to get up early on a saturday! :)

Marianne said...

What an unbelievable 'find'! That would never happen around here.... drats.
Lovin those monkeys! very pretty!
Your yarn is absolutely stunningly beautiful!

Rockport Vest...what colour?..red.

Dianne said...

That yarn is scrumptious..and what a sock!!..You never disappoint me!!...Happy Knitting~

Anonymous said...

So far I've resisted the Monkey sensation. You are ahead of the game!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Thanks so much for the info on the Sari Silk - I didn't know that! Love the sock you are knitting.

JustApril said...

That is a beautiful sunset and beautiful work of spinning art, wow. The sock looks great!

Dana said...

Your Monkey sock is so pretty (love the colors). Good luck on the yard sale search - - I'd call that spinning wheel a treasure too. Have a great weekend & happy knitting.

IndigoMuse said...

Now THAT is some might fine spinnin'. Beautimus!

Mary said...

Gorgeous yarn, Robin! And I love your Monkey, too! :-)

Twinkerbell said...

So loved that pattern it was so much fun! I like how the regia color is turning out!