Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Smiling Faces...


I love spring time...the feeling of renewal after a hard, cold winter! I love to hear the robin's and other birds singing in the morning...and I love my flowers! I know this is a knitting blog, and you will all get tired of my posts the next few months...because I'll be documenting all my flowers as they emerge!



My Bradford pear is in FULL bloom, thanks to the very mild January we had.





My Forsythia is also in full bloom...















My yellow Daffodils are open...but I'm afraid my pink ones have reverted back...not to mention they haven't got a bud on them! So much for buying something different!




It doesn't seem as though my garden follow a particular color pattern....next will be the purples from my lilacs and phlox-which the dogs have managed to kill most of peeing on my mail box post).


On to my fiber fetish...



I'm sure you are aware of the fun I'm having with the merino fleece I bought! Well, I washed the first small batch of teased locks...and OH MY!!! If you remember from an earlier post about the beautiful crimp of the fleece--and Mary--yes, crimp is a good thing! Take a look at this after it's been washed and combed...





Here's the batch some still drying and the basket is teased out and ready for carding....yes, it's as soft as it looks!


I will admit this fleece is a lot of work, but it is going to be worth all the hard work...I can just *feel* it!


I'm just know I'm going to finish dead last in my KnittingNascar KAL...I'm so into my spinning these days I can't get much of my knitting done! I've finished up my Week 3 of my Civil War Shawl KAL ...

and I'm making slow progress on the Baby Boy sweater (that needs to be finished my mid April)...and I've started the new Grandbaby's blankie! I've got another pair of socks to cast on.! Someone just needs to tear my away from my fleece and wheel!


On walking...
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...after my walk today I'll have only 10 miles or less left to go...and 7 days left of finish up!


Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin'!!!

3 comments:

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Beautiful pictures, Robin. Thank You!

Oh, and one question. Are you knitting your Civil War Shawl using a single stand of your beautiful yarn? I noticed some on the group or doubling the strands. I'm just curious.

I ordered my pattern on Monday and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Have a great weekend!

Sue J. said...

Robin, your flower photos are just spectacular. Thank you so much. I will look forward to seeing all your flowers emerge. It will be like being back in Wisconsin. Here we watch the sage brush emerge.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! That merino fleece is just so snowy white! Beautiful! Can't wait to see what it grows into.