Friday, February 02, 2007

TGIF!!

Friday at last!



Your Blog Should Be Yellow

You're a cheerful, upbeat blogger who tends to make everyone laugh.
You are a great storyteller, and the first to post the latest funny link.
You're also friendly and welcoming to everyone who comments on your blog.





So...what makes a good blog? I get lots of traffic on a daily basis...BUT--I would like some more feedback--Do you like what you are reading?
Maybe I'm not as funny as I think I am but after all...this is my blog--My Knitting & Spinning Blog! I do enjoy making people laugh, after all the medical community have studies showing that it's good for you...along with knitting & spinning!
I know sometimes my posts are not knitting related but I read lots of knitting blogs and each one is individual...I enjoy reading about the kids...hobbies, pets and, of course, learning new techniques and tips.
And YES, I know I have a very twisted sense of humor...I try not to offend anyone, if I do--I'm sorry...but this is where I can vent...try out my stand-up comedy routine and show off my hobby!
Let me know if I'm doing my job...

Oh...the weather that was forecast DIDN'T happen and today was a very good day for walking...so I made up some ground (no pun intended) and got in 3.5 miles! I only have 1 1/2 miles till I'm halfway--and I'll get that in tomorrow!

One other tidbit~I received a PERSONAL phone call today...from a company that I had contacted via email looking for their product locally...I received a prompt email response but, there were no LYS that carried it but the obliged me with a list of shops which I could purchase from.
They called me today! To discuss their product and if I had found any...to which I responded not yet but I'm looking...they are sending me a sample of their fiber~BUFFALO FIBER! Oh...you need a link don't you--Check out Buffalo Gold! Such nice people...you talk about customer service!! I had a wonderful time chatting with them and I WILL make my purchase their products! I was very happy to learn that they just picked up a Virginia shop as a retailer...I'll gladly share:
Needles In The Haymarket
15125 Washington St.
Haymarket, VA. 20169
703-659-1062
Now...this is in the Washington DC area...but I can always talk Hubby into going by there!! *Wink~Wink*!
On their website you can find plenty of retailers and apparently they are expanding with each show they attend!

Gotta get busy--

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin'!!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Robin,
The Buffalo Gold looks 'yummy'..
Your blog is always quite amusing...like a bit of localized flavor~
FYI..in case you're interested, I just heard last evening that the Sedalia Fiber Fest is going to be April 14..I didn't attend last year, but heard it was quite nice..Happy Knitting and Walking~~

Nikki said...

I think you do a good job on your blog! :)

and YEAH! on the customer service from Buffalo Gold!! I ordered something from Spritely Goods and there was a handwritten note with my invoice. Makes me want to shop there again...

Anonymous said...

That Buffalo Gold is great stuff! I bought some at YARN - Silver Threads & Golden Needles on our trip to Western NC in December. Check out by Dec. 7th post for a link to her site. I enjoy your blog --- every post!!!