Monday, February 05, 2007

The Day After...

In Sports today:
Well, how many happy Colt's fans are out there? I know hubby and BIL are VERY happy! I did watch the entire game...and was disappointed when the Bears didn't win but it was still a very good game...I spent the entire day in my PJ's and I spun all day long (not continuous...otherwise I'd be *saddle sore*)!





This is called "Amazon Ambiance"...cool name huh? 100% Blue Face Leicester! It's, of course, some of David Simpson's *fluff*!! I'm going to suggest to him at Hawk's Nest (you can also find pictures of the winter 2005 retreat HERE) that he needs to take some pictures of his colorways and put them on his webpage! Either that or you need to come to Hawk's Nest with me either this March or in September...so you can see for yourself all his beautiful colors!

BTW~it spoke to me as I was spinning and said it wanted to be a lacy scarf! I have 250 yds so I'm going to have to work on finding the pattern...suggestions?

Now...on to the Weather:




You know it's cold when...the *sheepie* and El Gato are fighting to hug the heating vent!

Mr Ace knows he's NOT supposed to be on the back of the couch...especially when Momma is sitting on it (the pillow type back is collapsing under the weight of one said El Gato! He's also very angry at the fact that Momma bought him some *good for you, organic* catfood...he's currently on a hunger strike. Now that bit of news probably should come under a different news heading than weather! Maybe~~"Tragic Current Events" (in his eyes it's a tragic occurrence...remember cats are *Me People*).
He's beggin' like a one-eyed cat left out in the cold! Yeah...right!

It's so cold I cannot go out and walk...there's just now way! It's days like this I wish I had a gym membership so I could use a treadmill. I'm so close to the halfway mark...

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin' (if you can)!!

4 comments:

Ms. Knitingale said...

Man, Ed's doing the exact same thing to the pillow back of OUR couch! And he also does that same hunger strike thing....I'm starting to wonder if he and your Cowcat are having little secret meeting when we're out.....hmmm...

Anonymous said...

We woke to -14 with -35 windchill! Not only will I NOT be heading out for a walk, but since the schools were closed today, my treadmill is not available either. (Free for the community's use.)

Nikki said...

you fuss at ME for taking pictures of Mom's cat and YOU are starving your poor neglected widdle kitty poo AND trying to freeze the poor thing?

tsk tsk

:) at least Mr Ace doesn't want to sit ON you at all times in order to try to warm himself. It's all well and good til you do something like knit and the yarn gets in someone's face...

Mary said...

Your handspun is gorgeous -- very impressive! Perhaps Knitty's "Branching Out" might do it justice?