Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Spin...Spinning...Spun!


Here's my Spinning FO's--

The North Ronaldsay (145 yds) is from my Bestest Good Buddy...the one and only...Gourdongirl! I think I'm going to make me a headband for walking in this cold...cold weather! See I shouldn't have complained bragged about the unseasonably warm weather we were having earlier this month!



The Black Cherry Moonshine (285 yds) is much like the Dolphin Dance, the differences are that this has a little more blues & purples...so I think I'm going to use it along with the Dolphin dance for a color variance in the Celtic Vest! I'm still working that one out!

Well...a lot of us are "knitting from our stash" so far...I don't know if you've read
this or not but check out another view on the concept of "Stash v Collection"~~I like to consider myself a "Collector of Fine Fibers"!!! Some people collect art...some collect antiques...some collect shoes...others hoard collect fiber/fabric/yarn--The later would be ME! Yes, I'm still working from my stash right now...I must make room for more "collecting"...

We have some weather approaching us in the next couple of days so I took advantage of the *warmer* (45 degrees) temps by getting in a 2.5 mile walk today...I'll be lucky to get another in before Saturday! We are going to have low teens to single digits tonight with dangerous wind chills! Brrrrrrrrrr!

Anyone seen this KAL yet? My buddy Krafty1 emailed me about it today! I might...I might!! I'm also a KAL virgin!

Well...this is taking away from my knitting...gotta get with it!

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' and Walkin'!!

7 comments:

Pam! said...

oh man! I want to do that KAL! What a challenge. Although I must say a row of 1200 stitches seems a bit intimidating. Too bad I don't have 4275 of ANY yarn in my stash, much less lace.

Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous blue/purple! Bring to knit night? If we don't get socked in with "weather?" Would love to see up close...
Stay warm!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Spins! I see what people have managed to produce and I get the bug. I'm a spin virgin and am getting very close to asking someone to be that special someone to pop my spin cherry. ;-)

gourdongirl said...

The NR has spun up really well. I just want to do that KAL. I love that shawl.....but do I have the time? There is no time limit is there?

Will I, Won't I? that is the question.............

cate said...

I love your spun wool!!!!! Sorry we are out of our spin group tomorrow. Would have loved to have petted those skeins. catie

Cindy G said...

"Collector of fine fibers" - I like that! Doesn't apply to all my miscellaneous stash, but I do have a few things that would qualify....

Mary said...

your yarn is gorgeous!!! kudos!