Monday, January 08, 2007

Projects & Projections...

Well, on my walking goal you'll notice I've logged 15 miles so far and if my figures are correct I have less than a mile a day to meet my goal by April 1...but if we have anymore days like today I think I'll use those days for "skip day"....and make it up later! I started out on a walk after leaving the library I had to shorten it to a mile because the wind gusting not only made it hard to walk but gave me a spitting sinus headache! OUCH! I do believe that I'm going to continue on with my ticker to see just how far I can walk in a years time...this has really kept me going. I need to drop about 45 lbs...maybe, just maybe I can do it!

On the knitting & spinning front:

I just finished up spinning some Black Alpaca & Black Norwegian (I blended as I was spinning) and I'm getting ready to spin that wonderful North Ronaldsay that by SP8 Buddy sent to me from WoolFest last June!
So you ask...what am I going to do with the black? Remember Dolphin Dance? Those 2 combined are going to be my first Steeking project! And yes...that is the pattern I using. It's not often you see me knit something that's the same colors represented on a pattern...remember--I'm a "non-conformist"!

Well...I've gotta go tend to this headache!

Keep on Knittin', Spinnin' & Walkin'!!!!!!

3 comments:

IndigoMuse said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out. The pattern is gorgeous and the dolphin dance is perfect for it. I'm dying to do some fair isle but can't find a project that I'm excited about. I'm hoping that you'll inspire me :)

Tanya

Anonymous said...

That pattern is my favorite vest on my "to do" list. Once again, great minds.

I'm with you on the walking/weight loss front. We MAY just have to meet this year!

I got the ticker to go on one entry, but can't manage to get it to stay at the top of the screen like yours. I think it's a typepad issue.

JustApril said...

OMG, the fiber is AWESOME. I'm all trepidacious for you and your first steeks! EEEK! I'm still working up my nerve for that adventure, I'm getting really closer, I've stopped fainting when I think about it. good, right? heh

I loved your comment yesterday, KNEKKID! heheheheheheeeee perfect