Monday, January 01, 2007

2007's first FO!!

Well...we made it to another year! I hope that this New Year brings you all your hearts desire!

First day of the New Year and I have a FO to show you!!! My FAV (only) neice turns 5 tomorrow! So here's here little socks:


For MY Little Angel!!! She asked me to make her a pair of socks during the summer when we were camping and she noticed I was busy making all the socks for Christmas. I started them as the Little Angel socks from the book "Socks, Socks, Socks" but that pattern bothered me...all those little angels with the "bobble stitch" heads--to me it seemed as though they would bothersome when you wore them in shoes...maybe not so much with dress sandals. So I ripped them out and decided to wait till all the Christmas knitting was finished to come up with a plan. So in essence I guess these are a design of my own using a pattern stitch from another. I don't know if that constitutes being my design but hey, I don't think I broke a copyright law!
Here's the detail of the angel!

Happy Birthday Maggie!!


Here's a funny I received in an email newsletter---

I've been spinning on the new wheel...what a cadillac! I'll show pictures of the yarn later.

I've also started (yet another) pair of socks! Who would have ever thought that I would be so hooked on making these? Hubby loves his socks and I plan to make more for him. This latest pair is using the new Austermann Step yarn...what a great yarn to work with--after just a short time your hands feel so soft from holding it.

Well...gotta go take down the tree and decorations--and get my Black-eyed peas on to cook...so I can spin!!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Robin!
A pair of finished socks ALREADY for 2007...I'm jealous. Here's to many more in 2007.

Nana Sadie said...

Such pretty socks for such a pretty little gal.
Happy New Year!
(((hugs)))

JustApril said...

Cool socks and CUTE sweet girl =)

gourdongirl said...

Who's a smart cookie with a FO on the first. having said that so do I, just need to take some pix and post.

Happy New Year.

Pam! said...

Happy New Year! Way to start it off with an FO! I started it off frogging. ack!
See ya Thursday.

Mary said...

Love the angel socks!