Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holiday MeMe

I was over reading Carole's blog this morning, she had this Holiday MeMe:

This house is not far from our house...the local version of the Griswald house!


(there's not a single bush or tree that's not adorned in lights of some variety!)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both?? But at Holiday time I prefer Egg Nog with rrrruummm!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? It depends on his time at the house and how much Egg Nog he’s had!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White & blue lights on the tree, white on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Oh yeah.
5. When do you put up your decorations? The first week or so of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mom’s layered Jello salad.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I can remember getting up with my brother, emptying our stockings then waiting on Mom & Dad to get up so we could open our gifts, of course, back then Santa didn’t wrap...Mom didn't put out Egg Nog for him. So Mom & Dad had a couple of hours to sleep while we played with our "Santa Gifts".
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa? Remember my Dad IS Santa!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, at my Parents house with the family…but Hubby, Julia and I open ours on Christmas morning.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Ornaments that the kids made in elemetary school, ones I’ve collected over the years and handmade ones. Oh—and my sports collection…I think you’ve seen the pictures!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? I do love it, and I love to drive in it even more! CALL ME if you need a ride but expect it to be an adventurous ride!
12. Can you ice skate? Nope!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There’ve been so many over the years…my first bicycle. And this years gift will be a favorite for a long time.....
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family and giving gifts…I much prefer to give gifts than to get them.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom’s Coconut cake.
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? It's a tie...going to my Parents on Christmas Eve and our annual Williamsburg trip...which by the way begins today!
17. What tops your tree? The angel I made for my Grandmother several years ago…since her passing I will continue to use it every year!
18. What is your favourite holiday book? How funny is it that I'm a librarian (or I should say I'm an employee of the Public Library) and I don't have an answer to this question? I’m copying Carole’s answer…
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love so many…So let me start name a few—Little Drummer Boy, The Christmas Shoes and Mary Did You Know?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?Yum-Yum

Thanks for reading. Consider yourself TAGGED!


Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'!! You only have 11 days till Christmas!!!!

No comments: