Saturday, November 04, 2006

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!



Okay...no pics...because--
I FROGGED IT!

Last week I started the Swallow Tail Shawl , from the IK Fall 2006 issue, as a Christmas gift for my step-daughter, this morning...it's a fresh ball of yarn!
There is a KAL out there...and there are knitters finishing there shawls and starting 2nd and maybe even 3rd shawl...and then I read about those having similar problems to what I was having. Only I think my problems were much worse! I was up till midnight working up from the lifeline for the 3rd time when I decided I needed a fresh brain to work on it any further.
So this morning...I started again--same results...almost...
I pulled out the lifeline and frogged the whole thing!

JH was using me as the "test knitter" for this project, she's never attempted lace before, I have but this one has gotten to me...so JH I don't think this is the one you want to do for your first lace project, unless you feel challenged to "beat me"!

Now I've started the Flower Basket Shawl (.pdf file), for one it doesn't have those "nupps" (k1, yo, k1, yo, k1 all in same stitch--then on the next row you have to purl 5 together). Purling 5 stitches together is a bitch! But I had other problems the pattern was not working out across the rows...I counted, counted and re-counted! Damned if I know what the problem was!

I WILL NOT LET THIS PATTERN GET THE BEST OF ME...I just don't have time to work on it so close to Christmas.

Okay...enough bitching for now...gotta get back to my knitting! Do you realize Christmas is right around the corner?? YIKES!!

Keep on Knittin' & Spinnin'
PS-Congratulations to Bobbi for guessing correctly that my hat says---"Cherokee"--Watch your mailbox for a little something!

8 comments:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Bummer about the shawl. I am still debating how I am going to finish the one I am working on. It's the Ostrich Plume Triangle by Mary McCall. Let me know what you think of my post of it at the Lacevember KAL.
=:8

Mary said...

I'm not in any kind of hurry to attempt to knit a lace shawl. None whatsoever. More power to ya for attempting it. I admire anyone who does!

Krista said...

Purl 5 st together? Yeah, that's why I don't do lace. Good luck!

Carole Knits said...

Flower Basket will be much more pleasant for you, I think! The nupps aren't so bad if you use a very small needle (I used a 0000 skacel dpn) to take the 5 stitches off the regular needle and then purl them together from the small needle. In any case, if you're not enjoying it then it's not worth it. For your friend who wants to try a first lace project, I'd recommend the Forest Canopy Shawl. You can find it at the blog "I'm knitting as fast as I can."

Leslie Shelor said...

Knitted lace is SO beautiful; I'm green with envy for anyone that can accomplish it! Looking forward to seeing your project!

Anonymous said...

Don't think I'm going to be trying that one!!!!
JH

IndigoMuse said...

OMG, JH commented :) You CAN handle lace. It just requires lots of brain power. I personally like Kiri vs. FBS (similar design I think). I began knitting it with some handspun Alpaca and found the pattern very user friendly. Its also a good beginner lace pattern, IMHO. Can't wait to see how FBS turns out.

Tanya

robiewankenobie said...

i realize that this is a longshot, but do you happen to have the FB pdf? i can't seem to find it online anymore and it is the PERFECT pattern for my mom's birthday present!